Saturday 27 October 2007

it's a struggle...

to get into my writing today. I've been putting it off and putting it off because I've got what feels like a tricky bit coming up next and I'm not sure how to tackle it. I've done a couple of hundred words... but I'm really resisting getting to the meat of the scene. I'm rather afraid of it. :(

However, Mr Blue, Professor Hottie and Kuffer are respectively menacing me, cajolling me, and waving their claws at me from the sidelines... so I'd better shape up, hadn't I?

In better news, I've recently discovered that my very first Black Lace novel is to be reprinted next year, with a brand new and apparently very spiffing cover! No idea what it'll look like yet, but here's the link:

Gemini Heat

-----------------------
While you're here, please, please, please pop over the the Night Owl Romance Awards and vote for me in the Best Erotic Contemporary Ebook!

If you love you some Portia click here and VOTE, VOTE, VOTE every day until 31st October!

5 comments:

Saskia Walker said...

Ooh, another reprint, congrats!

Hope the writing is moving now. I'm into revisions so mostly I'm going into negative word count LOL

Sandie Hudson said...

Hi Partia
Congrats on the reprint. Thanks for dropping by my blog your support is very welcome and appricated.
Hugs
Sandie

Anonymous said...

Hey Portia,

Love your name. Thanks for stopping by my blog and cheering me on! Congrats on the reprint. May the words flow for you next week. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey RD Babe! Thanks for your thoughts at my blog. It's always nice to know that others struggle with getting those words down as much as I do.

I must say that my idea of when I should write has completely changed as I'm doing this challenge. Now, I write when I can squeeze it in. Because I've been so lax in my writing schedule, it's nice to know that I can get writing down even if I don't have a set time.

Peace,
Kris

Merry said...

Congratulations on the reprint Portia! (I remember when Black Lace first came out and one of the broadsheets interviewed one of the authors. Was that you?)

Anyway, hope you managed to beat your scene into submission over the weekend - don't let it scare you! Crack that whip and show it who's boss! ;oD