Promo is a necessary thing when you're a writer, and can be enormous fun... but sometimes when you get involved with a fair bit of it, all at the same time, you get this disquieting feeling that it's sort of taken over your writing life and expelled all your writing mojo from your grey matter! There must be a harmonious balance between the two... because some authors do manage to be both prolific *and* entertaining and effective at promo as well! Me, I think I have a bit of work to do yet in order to find that equilibrium. At the moment, I have this list of jobs:
- select extract and write accompanying piece for promo blog #1
- answer some questions, compose a short bio and select a promo piece for blog #2
- write short contribution for blog #3
- send out books to various prizewinners
- think about promo angles for Suite Seventeen
So, I'd better stop foofing about and get on with something... no Easter Holiday Break for me!
Telly: not yet
Chocolate: not yet, but I think that egg is gonna get raided before tomorrow
Mood: slightly desperate
Writing: wot is writing?
Reading: Passion of Isis
RSI/FMS: very, very achey, probably stress related
Don't forget Portia's Promos - new stuff being added all the time!