Monday 13 December 2010

THE LANGUAGE OF BEES

The Language of Bees (Mary Russell, #9)The Language of Bees by Laurie R. King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another wonderful installment of Mary Russell's memoirs. I was a little bit slower to become immersed in this one than some of the others, but once I really got stuck in, I was as captivated as ever.

I think the slight problem for me was that I've never been a fan of Irene Adler, and have been even less fond since I discovered Mary! So it wasn't easy to warm to Adler's son, initially.

Clearly, it wasn't a problem with the writing, just my own prejudices. I've become quite protective of Mary and Sherlock's relationship and don't want echoes of past loves to intrude.

Silly, I know, but it just shows how skilfully the memoirs are written and how deeply I've been drawn into them. :)

Naturally now, I'm dying to read THE GOD OF THE HIVE!

View all my reviews

No comments: