Thursday 24 May 2007

some brainstorming required


Yep, it's finally dawned on me what's bugging me... Large bits of my so called plot for Gothic Heat don't actually make a lot of sense and have not been 'thought through'! I really need to spend some more time thrashing out plot points, character motivation, timescale and logical 'what if' stuff... I think I need to rehash the outline thing I did, and maybe get someone else, with a fresh eye, to take a look at it when I've done it. Bits of the idea work, but some are still a bit jumbled. It's all too pantsed - and pants! I think a pantsing approach can work for a 'relationship' contemporary, but I think for paranormals, there has to be an internal logic... or I can just see the reviewers and all tearing me a brand new one for inconsistencies and stupid worldbuilding... or lack of it.

The good news is that I still think the stuff I've written so far is okay, with a little tweakage. The basic idea of the heroine, Paula, being a conduit/vessel for the evil spirit of Isidora the sorceress is fine, and has tons of potential. As does her seeking help from a conflicted and ambiguous guy like Rafe... it's just the actual mechanics and 'rules' of this set up that need more development and cohesion.

--
Telly: nothing much
Choc/Yummy: Mars Planets
Mood: brainthrashed
Writing: see above
Reading: AGW
RSI/FMS: very, very tired and achy


Don't forget Portia's Promos - new stuff being added all the time!

1 comment:

Lucy Felthouse said...

Ah, I know what you mean. This is what I'm finding with The Last Seduction. I'm having to things about things more to keep in with the characters and stuff... should be some pretty interesting developments coming up.. keep checking back!! Hope you're OK. xx