Sunday, 19 November 2006

not sulking... but working!

No, I wasn't in a big sulk yesterday. The reason I didn't post was because I was busy being a proper writer, or trying to... and *finishing* draft #1 of Ill Met By Moonlight!!!!

Yep, I finished the sucker, and I'm mighty pleased with myself about that. It's only really taken me around 30 days to finish it, and that's even allowing for some days when I have actually been sulking and not producing any work... Granted the final scene and the epilogue are a bit of a dog's breakfast of bodgery, but I'm sure I can smoothe things out and improve them in the editing.

Anyway, to celebrate this mighty achievement, while I was waiting for himself to get ready to go out last night, I designed a faux cover for my little novella... and here it is!


8 comments:

Margaret McDonagh said...

Way to go! Congratulations. And I love the faux cover. Good luck and full steam with the editing/tweaking.

Love,
Mags

val said...

Do I recognise the eyes in that picture, Wendy?

Wendy Wootton said...

Glad you like the cover, ladies!

And yes, Val, those just might be the eyes of a certain gentleman we'd both like to be *more* than acquainted with! ;)

Shanna said...

Congrats, Wendy. You're a true inspiration to me, trying all these new things and actually finishing them. Can't wait to read it!

Best, s.

ann said...

congrats Wendy and I also did a double take on the eyes... mmmmmm

lotsa luv ann xxxx

Saskia Walker said...

The cover is super! Many congratulations on finishing the story so quickly.

Kate Hardy said...

Gorgeous cover, Wend,. I reckon you should float that one in front of your ed *g*

And yay on finishing the draft. Go, you!

Kate Pearce said...

I love the cover!
Kate